Food is one of the joys of life. But life goes by so quickly, so we all need a list of fast, easy family recipes that we can rely on to feed our families when the rush in on. All these recipes will help you get dinner on the table with minimum fuss. They require no fancy or expensive equipment, and are a healthy, sustainable – and delicious – way to feed a family.
Ideas for when you are in a hurry and other no-fuss recipes
When you lack inspiration or just need to get dinner in front of kids quickly these fast, easy family recipes will help:
- Ideas for when you only have carrots in the fridge
- 7 ways to make one chicken breast feed a family of four
- 5 fast and easy dinners for kids
- An Easy Pasta Sauce recipe that gets dinner in front of kids quickly
- Quick and Easy Stuffed Potatoes
- No Guilt Spaghetti Sauce
- Emergency Sausage Rolls
- 7 Meals to Make and Freeze
- A slow cooking recipe the kids will actually like: Lamb and Chickpea Stew
Eating less animal products is a healthy and sustainable food behaviour, but it can be difficult to find satisfying family recipes if you are used to centring your cooking around meat. So try these easy recipes that I have road tested on my family.
- Delicious Char Grilled Eggplant with Garlic, Honey and Harissa
- The best ever recipe for people who “don’t like vegetarian food”
- Easy Vegetable Curry
- Cheap and Healthy Pepperonata
- An Easy Mushroom Recipe you can make while kid-wrangling
- Roast Tomato and Thyme Sauce
- How to Cook French Lentils
- Easy Herb Spaghetti
- Egyptian Kusherie
- The most popular recipe at from my workshops
- Secret Ingredient Tabbouli
Zero waste recipes
Need fast and easy recipes that use up the leftovers to make sure you don’t throw away grocery money or destroy the planet? Here is your zero waste recipe list to save you time and money!
- Zero Waste Chicken Stock Recipe
- Zero Waste Vegetable Stock Recipe
- Easy Tricks with Leftovers
- End of the week Soup
- The recipe that turns random things in the fridge into a meal you actually want to eat
- My ‘Fusion’ Pepperonata
- Macadamia Butter
- You can eat ANZAC biscuits for breakfast right?
- Fairy Bircher Muesli
- How to make your own butter for your toast
For more recipes, subscribe to Beyond the Trolley!