This salad is very simple. Use the stems from the herbs as well as the leaves – just chop everything finely. Strawberries are used instead of tomatoes to add colour and sweetness.
1/2 cup cracked wheat/burghul wheat or wholemeal cous cous
1/2 cup boiling water
1 bunch mint
1 bunch coriander
1 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch chives
1 punnet strawberries (or use a punnet of cherry tomatoes if they are cheaper)
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
1/4 cup Olive oil
What to do:
- Put wheat in a food prep bowl, and add the boiling water. Cover with reusable lid and leave for 20 mins while preparing the rest of the dish.
- Finely chop all herbs. You might want to remove the leaves of the mint before chopping them but all other stems just need to be chopped finely.
- Hull and dice the strawberries
- Add oil, lemon juice and whole garlic clove to jar. Shake to combine.
- Put herbs, strawberries, wheat and dressing into serving bowl and stir to combine.
Subscribe to Beyond the Trolley and get a free e-booklet with 52 tips, tricks and swaps to green up your kitchen.